Academic Asia International Ltd

Schools and Colleges

English Language

Chinese Education




All students from China require a visa in order to enter Britain. Visas are issued by British Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions on behalf of the United Kingdom Visas and Immigaration (UKVI).

With effect from July 2018, British visa regulations changed to make it much simpler for Chinese students to obtain visas in order to study in Britain. Chinese students are now entitled to the same "streamlined" service as students from such countries as USA, Canada and Australia and no longer have to provide proof of their parents' ability to pay their school fees nor proof of their education nor proof of their English-language ability.

Students under the age of eighteen will usually enter on a Child Student Visa. Older students will obtain a General Student Visa.

Before a student can apply for a visa, their school or college must first issue a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). This CAS is issued online and can be viewed immediately by UKVI officials anywhere in the world. In order to receive a CAS a student must have a confirmed place at the school or college and must have paid the required deposit.

Child Student Visas are usually issued for the duration of the course stated in the CAS - even if the student passes the age of eighteen during that period.

Where a student needs to attend an English course in Britain prior to start of their main course, a visa can be issued to cover both courses as long as the two institutions register an educational partnership with UKVI. This process is straightforward and implies no obligation on the part of the two institutions other than an intention to provide consecutive educational courses for the same student.

For more information please call:

China: 400 700 1988

UK: 01843 609640 or 07977 566135